- Eager to work for sustainable mobility with innovative electric vehicle charging solutions?
- Goal-oriented and do you feel energized when making a true difference?
Our client, Kempower, is seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager to support the company’s expansion into the US market where it will rapidly build a team and scale its operations to better serve current and future US-based customers.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for creating and managing the technical team, at Kempower’s brand-new state-of-the-art production facility.
You will be a member of Kempower’s global engineering team and build the on-site technical team whose main function will be to support the sales team, customers, electrical designers, and contractors.
The ideal candidate will bring his/her can-do work approach and a big dose of determination and motivation to develop and lead a best-in-class technical team that’s laser-focused on customer success. Up to 40% of travel is to be expected.
- Build and develop the technical team
- Supervise the following functions and successes:
- Pre-sales – The team consists of Pre-Sales Engineers focusing on sales support. The team is responsible for answering technical questions from customers and responding to requests for proposals
- Life-Cycle Services – Kempower’s Life-Cycle Services specialize in attending to the after-sales process. The team offers expertise in the Kempower Chargeye back-end and 24/7 support services as well as firmware updates
- Local Customization Needs – Adhere to local needs and regulations, develop, and evaluate together with the global RDI team, according to global RDI policies
- Budgeting – Create budgets for all service and support functions stated above
- Promote a supportive work environment that upholds Kempower’s values of Together, Impact, Integrity, and Courage
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus
- 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Robust experience leading technical teams
- Experience in the EV sector, technical services, or pre-sales is a major plus
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working as part of a global engineering team
- Strong customer service and support skills, with the ability to understand customer needs and processes
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A hands-on, open-minded, versatile, enthusiastic can-do attitude while embracing continuous learning
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-charging industry, and influence the future of electric transportation
- An open and flexible work culture where everyone’s voices are heard
Kempower is an electric vehicle DC (Level 3) Fast Charging company that designs and manufactures the best DC Fast Charging solutions and services for EVs all over the world. It is headquartered in Lahti, Finland, has a strong foothold in the Nordic countries and Europe, and is now expanding rapidly into the U.S. market.
The company primarily serves three segments: charge point operators, fleet operators, and OEMs. Kempower is best known for its user-friendly technology and dynamic and scalable power distribution: ONE Kempower power unit can provide power for up to EIGHT individual charging posts and can be adjusted to the needs of each vehicle.
Its unique charging management system, Kempower ChargEye™, is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, cloud-based system for charge point operators and retailers, bus and truck operators, and off-highway vehicle fleets.
When Kempower chargers are connected to the ChargEye™ system, customers can easily monitor, manage, and diagnose the day-to-day operations of both the chargers and vehicles. ChargEye™ ensures that a commercial vehicle fleet is always ready for duty when needed while optimizing energy costs and managing battery health.
The Kempower Power Unit consists of power modules which makes it easily scalable: more modules can be added when demand grows, and power is needed.
Moreover, maintaining and servicing the device is much easier compared to traditional chargers, which has a positive effect on charger uptime. For more information and inspiration, visit their website and watch this video.
For more information please contact Gustaf Uttersten.