Our client, NIEHOFF ENDEX is a German non‐ferrous wire & cable drawing machinery manufacturer for the wire and cable industries located in Swedesboro, NJ (greater Philadelphia). NIEHOFF is
headquartered in Germany and its history is going back to 1859. NIEHOFF in total has 7 Manufacturing Facilities Worldwide and in addition has 4 Sales and Service Centers Worldwide. The company employs close to 1.000 employees worldwide. For a closer look at the company please visit: http://niehoffendex.com and https://www.niehoff-gmbh.info/de.
Niehoff Endex North America growing and therefore is seeking an Electrical Service & Commissioning Engineer with a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, and automation systems.
You will provide commissioning, start‐up, training, maintenance, evaluation, calibration, qualification, trouble shooting and repair services for Niehoff Endex machines. This is for non‐ferrous wire and cable drawing machinery at customer worksites located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexcio and Central America. Assists with the PLC program code test, modification, and design in cooperation with our engineering department. Also provides support for the in‐house assembly and engineering department (machine testing) when not traveling to customer sites. Travel is about 70 – 80% of time.
- Expertise must include programming knowledge for Siemens S7, B&R (Bernecker & Rainer) and Allen Bradley.
- Gained field experience should include two or more of the following programming platforms:
o Siemens Simatic Step 7, Siemens Protool / WinCC Flexible
o Siemens TIA Portal
o Allen Bradley RSLogix500/5000
o Allen Bradley RSView / Factory Talk View
o Alternatively, experience with platforms like B+R Automation, Direct Logic, or Direct Soft
- Communication protocols such as DeviceNET, Profibus, Profinet and Ethernet/IP
- Expertise should include knowledge for drives control application of the brands Siemens, Yaskawa, Lenze, Rockwell, Parker SSD (Eurotherm) and Control Techniques
- Excellent electrical/mechanical trouble shooting skills
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Basic metallurgy and metal forming knowledge
- Two‐year degree in electronics, controls, drives, or equivalent experience is preferred.
You will be a good fit for this position at Niehoff Endex North America, if aside from the above technical qualifications, you are a prolific problem solver, utmost organized, and if flexible, honest and straight forward describes you. German language skills or experience working for a European company would be a big plus but is not expected.
You will be rewarded with a very attractive base compensation package, the opportunity for comp time pay at 1.5x after 45hours, a very strong health benefits package and you will have the opportunity to participate in the company performance bonus. You will also receive outstanding training, which will include time at HQ in Germany.