On behalf of our client, a mid-size German manufacturing company, we are looking for an experienced Electrical Service & Commissioning Engineer with a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, and automation systems.
About the Company
The company is a non-ferrous wire & cable drawing machinery manufacturer for the wire and cable industries, headquartered in Germany with a US subsidiary (Niehoff Endex) located in Swedesboro, NJ. The company has a about 1,000 employees worldwide and about 45 employees in the US.
The Electrical Service & Commissioning Engineer provides commissioning, start-up, training, maintenance, evaluation, calibration, qualification and repair services for non-ferrous wire and cable drawing machinery at customer worksites located throughout the United States and Central America. The role also assists with the PLC program code development, modification, and design in cooperation with our engineering department. When not traveling to customer sites, you provide support for the in-house assembly and repair department when not traveling to customer sites. High level of travel required.
- Expertise must include working knowledge for one of the following systems: Siemens S7,
- (Bernecker & Rainer) or Allen Bradley
- Preferable working knowledge of one or more of the following programming platforms: Siemens Simatic Step 7Siemens Protool / WinCC Flexible, Allen Bradley RSLogix500/5000, Allen Bradley RSView / Factory Talk View
- Alternatively, experience with platforms like B+R Automation, Direct Logic, or Direct Soft
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as DeviceNET, Profibus, Profinet and Ethernet/IP
- Preferable knowledge for drives control application of the brands like Siemens, Yaskawa, Lenze, Rockwell, Parker SSD (Eurotherm) or Control Techniques
- Excellent electrical/mechanical trouble shooting skills
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Basic metallurgy and metal forming knowledge
- Two-year degree in electronics, controls, drives, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to easily navigate software and internet applications, proficient in MS Office programs
- Basic data entry skills
- Willing to travel up to 80%
- Ability to spend 3-4 months in Germany for training purposes
Salary: $80-90K base