We are looking for a young and enthusiastic engineer to support Research & Development projects, for both new and existing MIG Guns, TIG Troches & Arc Gouging Troches. The engineering support person will also design and develop production process enhancements related to manufacturing of products in the welding product category.
Our client is a leader in private branded welding accessories and was founded 20 years ago and has been based in the Greater Tampa Bay area ever since. The company is part of a parent company which employs 2,500 people globally and is comprised of 75 subsidiaries in 38 countries. The parent company manufactures and distributes tools and accessories for the welding industry and also manufactures chemicals for the Construction industry. The company was established almost 100 years ago in Germany and is a recognized name within its areas of focus.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to draw & design 3D model software to create “new” and/or enhance “existing” MIG, TIG & Arc Gouging products.
- Familiar with machining and molded part design
- Electrical conductivity and understand current flow limitations.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality practices and procedures
- Organize and update 2D drawings and re-draw, as needed.
- Maintain drawings with proper revision, to be saved in drawing release files.
- Hands on person to assist in the process of bringing product from design & systematically carrying it to a finished saleable product!
- Bachelor’s Degree/Certificate in Engineering/Welding or related required
- Min. of 1-3 years of experience OR a recent College Grad
- Able to work mainly onsite at location in Largo, FL
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Wants to be a part of a growing, family-oriented but international company