On behalf of our client, Refresco North America, the world’s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands, we are currently seeking a talented Electrical Project Engineer to strengthen their engineering team. You will be responsible for different projects in the Refresco facilities, but focus will be the company’s facility in Wharton, NJ. Depending on the candidate’s location, the position can be home-based.
Refresco is the world’s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands in Europe and North America. They combine production of retailer brands and contract manufacturing for branded beverage companies on an effective multiuser production platform that benefits from scale advantages and additional services. Their global supply chain expertise and local innovation capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of soft drinks, fruit juices and other beverages, manufactured to individual customer specifications and requirements.
Refresco North America operates 26 plants at different locations across the North-East, West, Midwest, Canada, plus one in Mexico. The company’s head office is in Tampa, FL.
Company website: https://www.refresco.com/en
In the position of the Project Engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering and be responsible for moderate to complex project planning and execution for various business opportunities. In the role you will be part of an engineering team responsible for projects in all Refresco facilities. You can expect to be responsible for the execution of medium to large scale projects in the region including line upgrades, process upgrades, new marketing initiatives and building extensions.
- Development of regional budgets, writing projects, managing suppliers and execute schedules.
- Responsible for execution of medium to large scale projects including new production lines, Batching/blending systems, production line upgrades, new product initiatives, and plant cost savings initiatives.
- Assisting the Plant Managers in developing capital budgets.
- Communicate with all departments involved in order to guarantee efficient execution of projects.
- Provide technical support throughout the company and solutions as needed.
- Maintain pertinent engineering documents for all plants.
- Ensure compliance to all OHSA and environmental regulatory and corporate standards as it relates to projects. Investigate and identify root causes of any non-compliance.
- Implements and understands FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with Quality System regulations and safe working practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline, Electrical/Electro-Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in internal and external Project Management, maintenance operations, and/or construction required.
- Advanced proficiency level- should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform complex assignments, give technical guidance to others at a journeyman level.
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, construction, automated equipment, water processing equipment, and maintenance techniques.
- Experience in programming and trouble shooting Allen Bradley PLC.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Flexible/willing to travel frequently, depending on location.
The facility in Wharton, NJ is a highly automated plant using Allen-Bradley equipment
- Understand the use of RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, or RS Logix 5 software for machine troubleshooting.
- Understand Manufacturing Automation equipment using Control Logix, Compact Logix, SLC500, or PLC5 using either Ethernet I/P, DH+, or RS232.
- Knowledge of Panel view and application using Panel builder 32.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Understanding of AB Powerflex 40, 400, and 525 VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and Yaskawa V1000 and P1000 VFDs.
- Understand the configuration of AB Kinetix or Pacific Scientific servo drives. Ability to download configuration file into servo drive if necessary.
- Knowledge of a multimeter and work in control panels with up to 480VAC.
- Highly competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
- Excellent career opportunity with growing international company.