On behalf of our client, BrandSafway, we are currently seeking an experienced EHS Manager to lead the EHS for Safway Atlantic within their Commercial & Industrial division. The position is based at the company’s location in Carlstadt, NJ.
BrandSafway is a leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets. The company delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017.
Please visit https://brandsafway.com/ for additional information.
As the EHS manager, you will work under the supervision of the Director of EHS for Safway Atlantic to provide expertise in the Safety, Health, and Environmental areas to prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses. You will assist branch and field management to promote effective safety programs at their assigned branch(es) and job sites within Safway. You will help ensure the company remains in compliance with governmental regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, NFPA, and the New York City Department of Buildings. You will spend about 85% of the time in the field at the various job sites in the greater New York City area.
Key Functions and Responsibilities of the Role:
Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs. Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs. Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Employee, Supervisor, Temporary Employee Training: Facilitate, document, and ensure all employees, supervisors, and temporary employees receive the company’s required safety training. Conduct safety meetings and training programs for employees.
- Branch, Field and Job Site Inspections & Observations: Perform inspections to identify hazards and control measures within the workplace. Requires the ability to climb scaffolds and enter confined spaces on job sites. Coach and guide employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist with the administration of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA.
- Customer Interface: Participate in safety initiatives, meetings and program as required by the customer. May provide customer safety training as approved by the Corporate Training Department. Work with job site EHS personnel to identify and resolve safety issues.
- Incident, Accident Investigation & Reporting: Investigate incidents involving company property, employees, or temporary employees. Prepare documentation to ensure an adequate investigation and preservation of evidence is completed.
- Medical Interface: Coordinate transportation of injured or ill employees to medical facilities. May work with medical providers and BrandSafway’s Risk Management Department to ensure the procedure requirements of the return to work program are followed.
- Administrative: Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with safety company policies and collective bargaining agreements. Compile management reports and assist with OSHA recordkeeping requirements. Manage any BrandSafway authorized safety incentive program at their assigned branch and/or job sites. Administer the emergency response procedures for the branch and/or job site locations. Oversee and approve the purchase of branch and/or job site specific safety equipment for employees.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and company car
- Great career opportunity with growing international company.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities to inspire and coach employees to accomplish strategic goals.
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience in the construction industry with an emphasis on the scaffolding segment. Requires experience in presenting training materials in a group setting.
- Experience in working with the New York City Department of Buildings.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of current construction and general industry safety regulations and the ability to analyze and interpret this data for the safety of employees, job sites, and the branch.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively train, motivate, and communicate with employees, supervisors and customers.
- Above average computer skills with the ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Bilingual preferred