Our client, Holland Colours is a Dutch company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange. With committed employee shareholders and operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, they provide personal local service on a global scale. They are in the midst of a strategy alignment process with special focus on the Americas Division to realize year on year profitability growth.
40 years ago, the founders of Holland Colors had a unique idea to realize a successful business: in a world that was not yet clean, the encapsulation of dusty pigments could open up a new market. A number of principles underlie this success. One of those founding principles was that all employees had to be shareholders of the company. To this day, all employees participate as shareholders in the company. That creates commitment, involvement and responsibility.
The Division Controller will manage our US Finance team with locations in Richmond, IN, Canada and Mexico. The Divisional Controller is a member of the Holland Colours US Management Team. The financial business processes are solid with clear opportunities for further digitalization.
This role reports directly to the CFO of Holland Colours and has a close working relationship with the following functional peers: the Group Controller, the Divisional Controllers Europe and Asia as well as the Business Analyst Europe.
In this Management Team (MT) position, you’re the economic conscience for the US Division, acting as a sparring partner to the CFO and Head of the Management Team and other Members of the team. You provide valuable performance analysis to support the management in making the right business decisions. As Division Controller you direct the Business Analysis function (provided by the group) and steer margin management.
- Managing the US, Canadian and Mexican Finance Teams;
- Being an active Business Partner for the Management Team (MT) plus CEO and CFO of the group
- Directing the Business Control and Margin Management function, with support of the Business Analyst;
- Revenue-, Margin- and Profitability Analyses and improvements;
- Costing (Models); including ABC
- Developing and following through on KPI models for the division
- Business cases and calculating investment/profitability scenario’s
- Division-wide budgeting and forecasting
- Division-wide consolidation and creation of management information
- Preparing IFRS based financial reporting of high quality that is 100% trustworthy and timely;
- Define and maintain an effective in Control Framework;
- Implement effective ways of working in the (finance) administration functions that support the business;
- Protect the company against fraud and enable a smooth annual closing audit (you’re the lead in external audits for the US);
- Lead the risk management function for the division and report on implementation progress on risk mitigation measures;
- Liaises with the Group Controller as well as the Group IT Department in a constructive way.
- Based on your analytical abilities you are able to influence peers. You’re curious to learn new businesses and you take initiative and dare to challenge the “status quo”.
- Bachelor (University) degree in Economics, Business Control or Accounting;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an international and manufacturing environment;
- Proven track record with applying results from the business analysis in effective (change) measures;
- Critical, tenacious and proactive attitude and good social, communication and advisory skills;
- Management skills in both straight- and dotted-line responsibility;
- Basic understanding of IT Tools to convert data into information
Our client will offer a competitive salary. Holland Colours has an active employee ownership plan and offer you development opportunities in a company culture which can be characterized by Team-Work, Pro-activeness, Competence, Accountability and Responsibility.