This is a remote position, but candidate must live in WA, OR, or Northern CA.
The District Sales Manager will increase the quantity, quality, and profitability of sales in the assigned territory by identifying new opportunities and maintaining customer satisfaction at existing accounts. He/she is responsible for managing a territory that includes OEM and Distributor accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting and selling products to new and existing clients.
- Providing adequate forecasts for prototypes & production requirements.
- Providing product training to distributors.
- Supplying competitor information to marketing and application departments.
- Prospecting for potential clients in geographic territory.
- Investigating & studying new markets.
- Partnering with application engineers and following through with the engineering department.
- Quoting products within company guidelines.
- Providing timely & detailed reports to communicate client activity to all concerned parties.
- Working with clients & distributors of other territories when responsible salesperson unavailable.
- Projecting and demonstrating professionalism in front of all clients and prospects.
- Aiding in production scheduling – closing the gap between client & company material control personnel.
- Maintaining profitability and gross margin objectives at clients.
- Preparing & coordinating travel arrangements that make best use of time and company expenses.
- Assisting and backing up inside sales personnel.
- Assisting in training of new personnel.
- Other tasks as needed or directed by manager.
Key requirements are as follows:
- BSME or AAS in Fluid Power degree.
- Ability to manage and cover a sales territory to provide exceptional customer service.
- Familiarity with general negotiation, pricing, and sales techniques.