In the role of Director Supply Chain Planning & Distribution Americas, you will oversee and manage all Supply chain Planning, Forecasting, S&OP, Inventory Management, Warehouse (3PL), and Distribution related activities and information systems. You will take responsibility for successfully planning, establishing, and controlling inventory processes and levels to ensure that customer needs are met, and corporate targets are achieved. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to implement, improve and manage the forecasting and S&OP cycle in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and implements inventory and logistics plans and procedures to meet the customer on time and deliver expectations within budget constraints (WC, OpEx).
- Defines and leads the implementation of forecasting model and Monthly SIOP cycles, control inventory levels, and inventory integrity through physical counts.
- Supports strategic innovations, solutions, and goals that improve working capital, inventory efficiency, productivity, and on-time delivery.
- Oversees processes for management of all material distribution, stocking, and logistics programs.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems and policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and drive effective solutions.
- Manages outside warehouse services, including evaluating current processes used and makes recommendations for continuous efficiency improvements and/or cost reductions.
- Develops and maintains KPIs for management reporting and business reviews.
- Provides input into the annual budgeting process and manages budget amount for the area of responsibility.
- Executes strategic objectives, develops, and implements plans for tactical implementation that are reviewed by management.
- Setup, plan, schedule, and manage strategic Supply Chain project-related functions. This includes OEM, and Spare Parts.
- Acts as an interface between all necessary internal departments for Supply Chain related issues and necessary sales order issues as needed.
- Proactively manages all applicable OEM projects to ensure all aspects of a project are delivered as released, budgeted, and scheduled.
- Coordinates closely all production planning related activities (OEM & Spares) with sites
- Initiates discussions with the customer onsite analysis of equipment to support forecasting hypothesis.
- Assists inside sales team, technicians, and outside sales teams to develop aftermarket parts quotes. Reviews for accuracy with the potential of installation revenue from these parts.
Norican Group (www.noricangroup.com) is home to four leading, globally operating brands: DISA, Italpresse Gauss, StrikoWestofen, and Wheelabrator supported by Norican digital data engineers. From melting, dosing, and molding through to surface preparation, Norican provides the solutions to solve the hardest challenges for their customers. In addition to equipment, the digital solutions developed, unlock the data in the foundry, to enable clients to perform to the best of their ability.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or similar field), Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of planning, inventory management, and global distribution
- 10 plus year-experience in supply chain, manufacturing in and industry environment
- Experience in capital equipment, automotive, heavy machinery, or discrete manufacturing environment
- Experience with Engineering to Order and spare parts management preferred
- Management experience, including budget and personnel responsibility
- Strong people management skills including hiring, coaching, and developing staff through a culture of accountability and metric-driven objectives
- Hands-on scheduling experience as well as experience implementing forecasting models and SIOP
- ERP system experience (Microsoft AX a plus)
- Proven experience in project management or methodologies of large working capital project
- Strong organizational skills: must be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong emphasis as a team player that thrives in a cooperative team environment and presents themselves in a polished professional manner.