We are a fast-growing consumer goods company in the Greater Washington DC area. Even after being in business for many decades, our company is still family-owned and has its roots in Europe.
DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS & CUSTOMER SERVICE
Why are we hiring?
Through organic and acquisition-induced growth we have evolved into a company with a diversified non-perishable consumer goods portfolio with several locations across the United States.
Soon, we will be changing from managing logistics ourselves to partnering up with a 3PL which will allow us to serve our retail and e-commerce customers even better.
What success looks like
One of our priorities for you is to manage the onboarding of the new 3PL company. You will be the key point of contact for anything relating to this transition, learning our processes, and helping our chosen partner understand what we require of them.
You will also be heading up our team of Customer Service Specialists who do all of our order processing and who handle transactional customer relations. Helping this team to adapt to the changes in our supply chain is going to be key to continuing our growth journey.
- An environment of fun and engaged individuals to work alongside with
- Direct reporting line to our Chief Operating Officer
- An entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative framework with an international flair
- The opportunity to keep moving, learning and growing
We are looking for
- Experience with transitioning from in-house logistics to a 3PL, preferably within the FMCG segment
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in logistics & supply chain, incl. some warehouse management experience
- Strong knowledge of the demands of big-box retailers and e-commerce stores
- International supply chain experience would be the cherry on top!
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations or equivalent combination of work and educational experience
Who is YER?
YER is our dedicated recruitment partner. Antoinette will support you throughout the hiring process.