On behalf of our client, we are currently seeking a Human Resources Director who will be based at the company’s main location/manufacturing site in the U.S. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong, assertive, well-versed HR leader with solid experience in a multi-shift manufacturing setting in the Southern States of the U.S.
Our client develops and produces steel as well as seamless and welded quality steel tubes. As one of the leading manufacturers, the company offers its customers problem-solving expertise worldwide ranging from material definition to process integration. The company develops customized tube solutions for the Automotive, Energy and Industry market segments.
As the HR Director, you will be given the opportunity to further develop and structure the US-based organization. You will work closely with your peer leadership team and, while providing leadership and direction to the local HR team, you will be responsible for all HR related functions, e.g. performance management & compensation structure, benefits, payroll, recruitment, competency management, personal development & recognition programs, training, employee retention, internal communication etc. of the organization. You will initiate further development and fine-tuning of such HR programs where you find needed. As a member of the management team, you will play a key role in determining the strategy and direction of all HR related organizational aspects. Preferably, you have experience in both union and non-union settings with a strong emphasis on union-avoidance.
Key Functions and Responsibilities of the Role:
- In close cooperation with the peer management team, provide leadership in the following areas of organizational objectives:
- Development and implementation of performance measurement strategies.
- Development of Compensation, Incentive Design, and Total Rewards.
- Implementation, delivery, and management of the performance evaluation and performance management processes.
- Employee relations and employee development.
- Research, develop, write and implement human resource policies and procedures.
- implement and conduct an ongoing review of programs, policies, and practices to keep the company aware of the current best practices and to inform of new regulations affecting the organization including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action and other employment legislation.
- Manages the company’s health and wellness programs, including applicable OSHA and ADA regulations, and onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Participates in the annual review, evaluation, and planning of the company’s benefits and compensation packages.
- Assists in the management, planning, and implementation of special projects and initiatives of the HR Department, i.e., Talent Program, Career Fairs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains synergistic relationships with all departments within the company, as well as managing external vendor relationships.
- Highly competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
- Relocation package if needed.
- In this position, you are a key member of the company’s management team in the U.S., reporting directly to the global VP of HR.
- Great career opportunity with the growing international company.
The ideal candidate will be a strong assertive HR business leader with at least 10 years of progressive experience of which a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role. A strategic, pragmatic, and “make it happen” type manager who can create structure in a turbulent manufacturing environment with up to 500 employees.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business or relevant.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources functions, preferably within a Manufacturing environment. Minimum of 5 years in managerial role.
- Strong assertive leader. “HR takes a seat at the table”
- Strong knowledge of total rewards, compensation, benefits, and HRIS
- Excellent understanding of cultural differences and organizational dynamics within a large Manufacturing organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence combined with a “roll up your sleeves” approach and the ability to execute.
- Analytical, structured and process thinker a must. Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent team leadership and management skills.
- An excellent and flexible people manager for an HR team.
- Excellent understanding of business management and the keys drivers that influence efficiency and value operationally.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver results that add measurable value in the context of the strategic priorities of the business.
- Professional maturity with the ability to gain respect and trust. Provide an excellent balance of toughness and empathy.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.