Our client, the Stoelzle Glass Group, with it’s 200 year history, is a world leading innovator and manufacturer of of high-end packaging glass for the sprits, consumer, perfumery & cosmetics and pharma – markets. The Stoelzle Glass Group is Headquartered in Austria and has 6 plants in Europe. In early 2021, the Stoelzle Glass Group has acquired the Monaca, Pennsylvania glass factory from Anchor Hocking Glass Company and continues to serve existing customers, as well as further expanding their successful U.S. footprint with their renowned Stoelzle Glass product portfolio and quality. The location in Monaca, PA, with its history dating back to 1880, is the longest standing, continuously operating, glass manufacturing site in the U.S.
Stoelzle Glass USA, Inc. is currently looking for an experienced DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES for their Monaca, PA plant. In this critical role you will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources at their 300 employee plant and will be a key link to the overall success of Stoelzle Glass USA.
You will be a great fit for this role if you bring a 10+ years background in Sr. Human Resources Management from a similar sized, unionized, manufacturing company. Ideally you are familiar with state and federal labor law, have experience with union labor and employee relations, as well as in strategic planning and implementation of HR strategies. You are a strategist as well as a strong hands-on leader, and bring an entrepreneurial, self-driven, and independent personality and strong leadership skills. Most of all, you want to be a positive part of shaping the future of Stoelzle Glass in the U.S.A.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Develops and implements human resource planning to identify competencies, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps.
- Develops hands-on implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops, implements, and improves progressive and proactive compensation programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for safe and effective performance.
- Responsible for overseeing benefits and 401k programs
- Develops and implements appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education, and career development, among others.
- Assumes responsibility of union labor and employee relations, including union grievance hearings
- Works with the President on planning and execution for union contract negotiations
- Maintains the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal HR policies, programs, laws and issues
- Prepares reports for the CEO and parent company using business metrics and KPIs
- BSc/BA in business, HR, social sciences, or related field; MSc/MA/MBA is preferable
- Proven experience in various HR roles at manufacturing plant level
- Union experience required
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of HR strategies
- Experience with succession planning
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment, organizational development practices, etc.)
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of state and federal labor law
- Strong aptitude in communicating and public speaking
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities