High Energy and Performance Focus
Our client Safespill (https://safespill.com/) is an innovative technology company with environmental solutions that contain and safely process chemical spills in a variety of industries (military, aviation, logistics). Our client is transitioning out of the “startup” phase into a more mature organization. The Culture and Human Capital Director will guide our client through this process. The Director will be a business partner and advisor to the CEO and managers, will anchor our client’s unique culture and focus on its mission. The Culture and Human Capital Director will develop the organization for continuous rapid growth.
The current size of our client’s team is 40 members, so we are looking for someone who wants to join a nimble, laser-focused team that values self-discipline and teamwork. Each team member is tasked with a lot of responsibilities and works with a fast-paced environment. Therefore, self-discipline is a must. Anticipated growth to a team of 100-150 is in the near future.
The company is also a stickler for high-quality work. They have their own machinery to manufacture their systems and fire test facility, where the company ensures each system meets their standards.
Our client believes in having fun. Their shop is equipped with a self-built bar for Friday afternoon drinks, a pool table in their break room, and they have a fully functional CrossFit gym with a coach that coaches multiple sessions a week. Having a competitive sports-minded attitude will help you fit in easily.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- People and culture advisor to leadership
- Organization Development
- Hands on regarding HR practices implementation while looking at the bigger picture of process and scalability.
- Growing the company’s workforce from 40 – 100+ people within the next 12-24 months.
- Managing a talent acquisition specialist, an office manager and a shared administrative assistant.
- Provides a high level of customer service in consulting with and guiding CEO and manages with HR related issues, policies and processes.
- Plans, participates and executes the weekly Q&B (question & beer) event. Communicating company updates, introduce new hires, discuss new processes and policies, and ensure everyone lives and breathes Safespill’s core values.
Our client aims to promote from within as much as possible. The company believes people need to enjoy what they do to be great at their work, therefore they aim to help people grow in roles as they realize their interest.
This role has the potential for an exciting career path. Building and managing the HR department will allow for ample development.
- A passion for the environment
- A respect for our military
- A disciplined mindset and need to be challenged
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university with major courses in Human Resources, Business Administration, the social sciences, or closely related field is required.
- 5 years of work experience performing duties involving establishing and growing an HR department, implementing HR practices, and the recruitment and selection of new employees.
- Experience in a leadership role in a fast-growth organization.
- Experience hiring and working with veterans
- Experience working with multiple nationalities. International experience, a plus.