Our client is expanding its team of over 160 bright minds and passionate souls from around the world with a Crestron Programmer who will work on cutting edge projects for a fleet of 200 “super” yachts (and premier world class residential properties) worldwide.
Our client was founded in 1963 in the Netherlands and has become a global company in the super yacht industry that is tearing down walls and removing barriers to create amazing technology related to AV, IT, control, communication lighting and security, which translate the visionary ideas of super yacht owners into reality. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with its U.S. team and office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
In this role you will focus on Crestron system and product selection for complex IT systems in a super yacht environment and will be responsible for troubleshooting or integrating changes in a graphical user interface, on the basis of the customers’ expectations and wishes. You will configure and service the different Crestron system components.
In this function you will be in contact with clients either remote, or on board, to service and check the designed solution of Code. In this function you will be part of the Service team and work on projects worldwide. This means that you will have to travel frequently.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintain and optimize various systems in the operational phase of a yacht;
- Trouble shoot, identify failures and solve them to make sure the system and software is operational;
- Translate user desires and requirements into user-friendly solutions;
- Designing, programming and implementing system integrations;
- Directly supporting internal employees and (external) clients via telephone or e-mail to solve issues, possibly with the help of remote tools;
- Periodically you will be manning the support desk and efficiently handling problems.
- Degree in Electronics/Computer Science and/or Audio/AV systems;
- Work experience with Creston (completed course CTI-P201/Preferred CTI-P301);
- Be able to program in: SIMPL, VT-PRO-e, Csharp;
- Audio/Video experience is a plus/Knowledge of Network topology;
- A love for high quality work, overachieving customers’ expectations;
- Ability to adapt and think creatively;
- Affinity with or knowledge of Yachting world is a plus;
- Excellent analytical skills and enjoy working in a team (no-ego’s);
- Service-minded, willing and able to travel abroad for short and longer term (initial training in the Netherlands).