Headquartered in Italy, RED Graniti Quarries is one of the largest groups in the quarrying and distribution of stones. For more than 50 years our client has been at the forefront of the industry. RED Graniti owns Colorado Stone Quarries located in Delta, Colorado where a brand new plant has recently been inaugurated.
RED Graniti focuses on protecting the environment and especially to conserve landscapes in order to restore and maintain the quality of the local context.
You are a professional and experienced Controller with a minimum of 7 years in a Controller role ideally for a manufacturing company. You have strong management and supervisory skills and you enjoy working in an international environment. You will report to the General Manager and work very closely with the CFO in Italy.
You will be managing all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, financial reporting, budgeting, cash flow analysis and income taxes. You will develop and implement administrative and fiscal policies and procedures to improve the accounting functions of the company. Effective communication skills and a very collaborative attitude are essential for your success as a leader.
You have a BA degree, excellent technical skills (especially Excel) SAP is a plus, and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Preparation of monthly closing. This includes but is not limited to: reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, production cost calculations, overhead allocation calculations, shareholder reports and month end journal entries in our ERP system, SAP.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and tax returns. Submission of the financial statements to our shareholders.
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Oversee all cash transactions and preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Review and approve all vendor payments, oversee the customer billing process and collections.
- Oversee physical inventory counts
- Maintain the fixed asset database in SAP.
- Oversee payroll and human resource functions.
- Manage the cash flow of the company.
- Manage and implement internal controls.
- Cooperate with external auditors for the preparation of annual financial statements and income tax returns.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and other company managers to coordinate the strategic plan for the company, review budgets and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and governmental agencies
- Local candidates are preferred but relocation is available. Colorado State tax relief program available.