Our client, Component Solutions Group seeks an entrepreneurial and driven CEO to lead and develop CSG’s ambitious growth targets for North America while being a true client partner. CSG specializes in supplying, distributing and manufacturing specifically engineered products, to some of the world’s most innovative original equipment manufacturers. Their core capabilities strategically allow them to work in industries ranging from automotive, aerospace & defense, agriculture, off-highway, commercial vehicles, and medical devices. You’ll be part of a company that’s all about dedication, speed, and trust— delivering solutions, not products. It’s a company that takes great pride in being a big family of entrepreneurs with big hearts. Founded in 1997, Component Solutions Group (part of the BUFAB Group) is a premier source for specifically engineered products designed for original equipment applications.
About the position
As CEO you’ll be responsible for the company’s daily business operations and oversee the implementation of annual plans for all departments, including sales, operations, product management, and finance. With your sound commercial background and robust experience in original equipment components, you understand market opportunities and can translate them into actionable business plans. The candidate we are seeking will get a thrill from being part of a family-oriented business culture that’s fast and ready to execute, honest, innovative, and infused by an entrepreneurial mindset in everything they do. You will lead from the front in empowering, motivating, and developing the team. To succeed in this role, you must excel at stakeholder management and enjoy cross-divisional collaboration while building processes and operations to optimize organizational and financial success. This role reports to BUFAB’s Group Director Americas. This position is based at CSG’s HQ in Dayton, OH. Travel of up to 40% is expected (in the first year), mostly domestic, some international.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, drive, and grow CSG’s presence in the North American market.
- Prepare and manage annual business plan and budget, oversee sales activity plans, and take responsibility for the overall P&L financial performance and profitable growth for the Company.
- Lead, define, and develop strategic and operational plans for the region.
- Promoting a business culture and environment where providing the right solution for customers comes first.
- Assess market data, pinpoint problem areas, and implement strategies to pursue business opportunities and identify new product offerings.
- Ensure the company’s strategic and organizational KPIs are met, including annual sales targets based on key performance metrics.
- Proactively contribute to CSG’s business vision and strategy in setting technology priorities for the product roadmap.
- Ensure that CSG retains its competitive edge by being informed on industry news, trends, products, services, and competitors.
- Uphold CSG’s and the BUFAB Group’s vision, mission, values and policies.
Work Experience, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of solid track record in industrial B2B technical sales—selling directly to OEMs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role with full P&L responsibility
- Experience working in a large international organization is a big advantage.
- Solid commercial acumen that translates business opportunities into actionable business plans while leading teams in a multicultural and multi-location environment.
- Experience building and scaling a modern operation and finding new ways of approaching the challenges of building a new market segment.
- Impressive business acumen and experience in driving continuous improvement processes to optimize operational and business excellence.
- Comfortable with technology & proficient in MS Office 365 Suite with advanced Excel skills and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
Leadership Capabilities and Style
We expect you to be able to merge the best-of-the-best of American family-oriented business culture with a forward-thinking and entrepreneurial Scandinavian way of conducting and organizing business, which is non-hierarchical and results-driven while promoting, teamwork, problem-solving, collaboration, and straightforward, honest, and transparent communication.
- Result- and business-minded. You possess strong business acumen, strategic ability, and a commercial mindset. Knowledgeable of current affairs and practices and keenly keeping up with future trends that might impact the business and organization. Results drive you, and you can inspire and lead others to excel.
- Organizational development skills. With your continuous improvement mindset, you can easily analyze and drive change /improvements, shift gears as needed, and be a strong change management leader. You look at issues and challenges from the broadest possible perspective to evaluate the best solution that is good for business and delivers the best value to customers.
- Interpersonal communication skills. You can connect and relate to people from all walks of life—vertically and horizontally, internally, and externally.
- People management abilities. Clearly communicating vision, mission, goals, and expectations comes naturally to you. You easily gain trust cross-divisionally and are known for creating an environment where people want to do their best. Understands how to develop talent that drives performance and motivates people to grow within the organization.
What We Offer is More than Just a Job….
- An excellent team-focused work environment with a huge appreciation for your efforts.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative company and leader in its niche industry.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits