Our client is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures, and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency, and environmental protection.
Their employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our client encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
This Category Manager owns and manages the North American purchasing strategy for assigned categories that fall within the scope of the Indirect Purchasing team. The Category Manager is responsible for all aspects of category management for these strategic, indirect, and purchase categories across all business units in North America.
This position directs all sourcing bid activities, price negotiations, and contract management for the assigned categories, including purchasing for IT, Marketing, and Human Resources, among others.
This will involve researching the market, supplier base, developing the sourcing strategy, benchmarking and working with the business unit or functional stakeholders, leading the negotiations and final decision making. This position is responsible for achieving cost savings goals and process improvements to meet the needs of the Business.
The candidate’s profile
- You are curious and strategic, with a background in negotiation with a solid understanding of business disciplines and financials.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence all levels of employees and management, both inside the company and externally with suppliers
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing company/environment.
- B.S. in purchasing, logistics, or Business is required. A Master’s degree in Business is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to develop, advocate, and implement best-in-class purchasing category strategies.
- Identify spend, develop sourcing strategy, and lead all sourcing, supplier negotiations, contract negotiations, and supplier selection to optimize the value proposition and drive savings associated with the various categories of indirect spend for North American businesses.
- Facilitate a comprehensive contracting and contract management process to ensure a successful transition from the sourcing process to achieving the required business and functions needs; ensure all project documentation is maintained per policies.
- Develop and maintain ongoing KPI reports and stakeholder engagement for each assigned category; collect and manage data from external (suppliers) resources and other industry benchmarks and internal purchasing resources.
- Maintain an understanding of industry purchasing best practices, sustainability, and technology trends and educate team members and business partners for indirect categories.