Our client is an international software company that develops, and markets software solutions dedicated to the management of Unified Communication (UC) services and resources, including activation, deployment and daily management of UC system components such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, voice (incl. IP telephony), mobility features (extension mobility and single no. reach), audio, web and video.
Our client employs 50 people and serves already 100+ large commercial and governmental organizations (with >1’000 employees) and 2M+ users worldwide. Headquartered in France, our client recently opened three new offices in New York, Montreal & Berlin (Germany) to support their fast-growing market demand.
In this context, we have been retained to search for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AMERICAS to join their New York office. In this customer-facing role, you will be responsible for selling UC software and solutions for an existing clients’ network (providers, integrators) as well as new prospects in the US & Canada (South America market at a 2nd stage).). This role will report directly to the COO & Managing Director North America and will interact greatly with counterparts in New York office and Europe.
As the BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AMERICAS is an experienced, high-energy, hands-on and tech savvy software engineer or equivalent you will be given an enormous amount of freedom to utilize experience as a sales consultant for software UC solutions.
- Develop sales efforts throughout the Americas in order to expand incremental revenue and achieve profitable sales volume by securing projects and closing deals
- First point of contact for prospects and clients, you will gain market share using your extensive consultative sales and the engineering support from the New York and European offices
- Strategic account manager you can open new bids and contract opportunities within your territory
- Manage day-to-day relationships with client decision makers and develop a deep understanding of their needs and long-term business strategies & expectations
- Continuously monitor marketplace to identify new business opportunities
- Closely collaborate with other departments such as Marketing, Business Development, Sales, Technical Service and Supply Chain on all potential business opportunities
- Attend trade shows, industry conferences, networking events to build and strengthen sales network, and provide feedback regarding trend and opportunities
- Submit bi-weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and managed within the company’s CRM management system
- BA in Business Administration, Software or equivalent relevant experience to be considered
- Min. 5 years of consultative sales experience in a large territory selling complete solutions is needed
- Proven track record of developing sustainable business in B2B environment
- Strong new business and sales acumen with closing mentality and ability to persuade, negotiate and close complex solutions
- Highly motivated sales performer with entrepreneurial attitude that can handle long sales cycles
- Experience with software or Unified Communications vendors, system integrators & service providers
- Strong knowledge of Telecom, good understanding of TOIP/VOIP
- A previous experience using Cisco UC (CUCM, Unity, IM&P, among others) or Skype for Business is not a prerequisite but would be worth mentioning
- Independent, Proactive, Curious, Solution-focused, Details-oriented, Very Organized
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels with clients and colleagues
- Thrive in a fast-paced business environment with customer interaction, deadlines and high value expectations
- 40-50% travel in North America (South America at a 2nd stage)
Location: New York City office
Remuneration: Great remuneration (base + bonus) and benefits package