Our client, Lafayette Metal and Glass, a leader in full-service architectural metal and glass solutions in the greater New York City area, is seeking to hire a results-oriented Business Development Manager to help increase sales and drive continued growth in current and new market segments.
Since 1899, Lafayette has been on the cutting edge of metal and glass. The company is known for delivering outstanding results through superior performance that exceeds client expectations. Clients include Google, FAO Schwarz, American Girl, Amazon Book Store and numerous other state-of-the-art corporate, retail and residential spaces in the greater New York City area. As specialists, Lafayette approaches every project with passion, tempered with fiscal responsibility and accountability, while performing at a standard that sets them apart from the competition.
This is a fantastic opportunity with growth potential for an ambitious sales/business development professional to join a dynamic and diverse team at a cutting-edge architectural firm.
The Business Development Manager will be in charge of developing business opportunities and brand recognition as well as managing BD pipeline. The main goal is to support LGC’s sales objectives with the help of strategic business development planning and deployment of action plan. He/she will work closely with LGCs marketing manager and leadership to increase sales among existing and new customers. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in the continued growth and success for Lafayette and the clients it serves.
- Build trust and long-term relationships with clients/customers
- Determine new marketing strategies and business opportunity objectives within current and expanded market
- Cultivate positive interactions and relationships with clients, executive management, and managers
- Generate new opportunities and identify solutions to support plan and strategy
- Work with estimating teams for all divisions, as well as executives, to determine client sales opportunities and identify remedy to avoid lost opportunities.
- Develop ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
- Research market and industry trends and identify new opportunities for expanded client base.
- Identify target clients, develop leads and prepare prospective sales plan
- Identify industry and trade networking groups and associations
- Arrange business meetings with existing and targeted prospective clients
- Attend networking, charitable and industry association events. Select additional participation from employees for event attendance.
- Manage client account sales and opportunity records in Salesforce
- Manage marketing consultants and all social media platforms in support of objectives
- BS or BA degree in business, marketing, communications or comparable discipline
- 5-8 years of proven B2B service industry sales experience meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Networked in similar trade/industry
- Tech savvy
- Team player
- Able to work proactively
- Maintain company culture and values
- Professional decorum and brand messenger as a first point of contact with prospective clients
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience compiling and following strict budgets
- Experience preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Salesforce
What We Offer You
- An excellent and fun team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A competitive salary plus performance-based bonus system
- Excellent health care benefits and 401 K Plan