We are currently seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager for the Central America and Caribbean territory for one of our International clients in the greater Miami area. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, high energy, reliable and hands-on individual with proven sales, excellent client relationship management and outstanding closing abilities.
An under promiser and an over deliverer.
Chauvet is a major innovator, developer and manufacturer, leading the entertainment lighting market in terms of design, flexibility and options. Chauvet has five brands: CHAUVET Professional, CHAUVET DJ, ILUMINARC, TRUSST and ChamSys. Sold through a worldwide network of professional dealers and distributors, all brands have a global reach built upon three core tenets: Value, Innovation, and Performance—VIP for short. A passion for lighting and the drive to excel unite an otherwise diverse staff in South Florida, California, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, and Germany. All share the realization that straightforward advice, after-sale service and support—going beyond top-of-the line products—are key to a truly satisfied customer.
The primary objective of this position is to directly develop and support the growth of Chauvet Branded Line of products to Chauvet’s export customers in Central America and the Caribbean, along with the support of Chauvet’s sales and administrative personnel.
- You will be responsible for managing distributor network which includes appointing and terminating distributors in each market under Chauvet’s international distributor strategy.
- Recommend strategies for penetration into existing or undersold markets to meet ongoing objectives.
- Develop and support the implementation of sales strategies to increase revenues and achieve forecasted international sales goals. Create and monitor sales target objectives with each distributor for each product category.
- Accountable for sales forecast of each product category for each assigned territory.
- Prepare and implement sales presentations and recommend marketing programs to meet aggressive goals for new and existing business.
- Travel as needed to visit key and prospective customers, attend trade shows, organize necessary training seminars for customers and to Chauvet’s US headquarters as requested.
- Closely work with sales support personnel to achieve sales objectives and market penetration targets. Responsible for setting targets and measure progress of reporting personnel through quarterly and yearly evaluations.
- Provide sales analysis and trip reports.
- Assist customers in marketing the products into their territory and identify and negotiate new distribution agreements in targeted regions with approval of International Sales Director.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including report generation, order entry/tracking and logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international sales and the entertainment lighting industry.
- Knowledge of lighting control consoles and DMX-512 protocol preferred
- Must have outstanding client relationship, communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Outstanding presentation/sales closing abilities
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Knowledge of English and Spanish required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Personal and professional development in an international environment