- Passionate about sales, improving sleep quality, and bettering the health of others?
- Great at building market success with your passion for business development and sales?
- Hungry to always find a better way of doing things?
Our client, Starsprings is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Manager to help grow the company’s market share in the United States. Founded in Sweden in 1918, Starsprings is now an award-winning and fast-growing company, and their vision is to be the market and technology leader in bed comfort. High quality, flawless design, and reliability are the core features of Starsprings extensive portfolio of products. For more information and inspiration visit: their website.
About the Position
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious sales professional to develop, drive and grow sales for Starsprings throughout North America. As Business Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and capturing business from among existing customers and new prospects. To be successful in this role you need to be great at solution selling with careful attention to product details along with an ability to navigate to decision-makers from among the above customer segments. This is a remote role and reports directly to the Starsprings President. Travel of up to 50% is to be expected, mostly domestic, some international.
What You’ll Be Doing More Specifically….
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for Starsprings, together with the leadership team
- Drive growth by identifying, pursuing, and capturing sales to meet or exceed annual sales targets
- Continuously assess and develop new projects- and sales opportunities by consulting with customers and prospects
- Introduce new products/services to clients
- Ensure that customers receive high-quality product training and outstanding service
- Establish and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and other industry stakeholders and cultivate long-term customer relationships
- Create initiatives that educate stakeholders and increase brand awareness for Starsprings
- Become an expert in Starsprings bedding products by effectively communicating and marketing products and benefits to prospective customers
- Coordinate outreach activities with Starsprings marketing department to ensure consistency in brand strategy
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product developments
- Provide timely and accurate proposals to customers including information on pricing, delivery, terms, and conditions of sales
- Track and record all customer and prospect interactions in the company’s CRM system
- Prepare monthly sales reports and forecasts
- Attend industry meetings, conferences, and trade shows of interest to Starsprings and industry stakeholders
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven sales and account management sales experience.
- Robust understanding of the market opportunities for Starsprings products along with knowledge of competitors and general industry trends
- In-depth knowledge of various business functions, operations, and processes, such as sales & marketing, customer services, logistics, supply chain, finance
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts
- Comfortable with technology & proficient in MS Office 365 Suite and various business software
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Super results-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in the best possible performance on all levels
- Outstandingsales skills including the ability to become a trusted resource for customers and prospects.
- Excellent English communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to take initiative, identify and pro-actively resolve issues and seize opportunities to excel
- Organized and structured in planning, prioritizing, and coordinating tasks
- Affinity for time management
- Exceptional customer service skills and solid stakeholder management skills
- Collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced international environment
- High energy, drive, grit, creativity, and pragmatic
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- An excellent fun and team-focused work environment where individuals truly make a difference
- A culture that welcomes questions, innovative ideas, strategic thinking, and continuous development
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and impactful international company
- A competitive salary including healthcare insurance and 401K