Our client, privately owned Miba Sinter, is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of sintered components that are high precision, high strength parts which are produced by using special process technology. The Miba Sinter Group is among the world’s front-runner in powder metallurgy applications. They work closely with customers to meet the challenges of the international automotive industry related to making vehicles more efficient, environmentally friendly and quieter. Their customers are guaranteed customized and cost-effective solutions, backed up by a global presence, years of development experience and quality standards. Miba’s global headquarters is located in Austria and the Sinter division employs some 300 dedicated employees in the U.S.
In this position, as a valued member of the sales team, you will be given the opportunity to initiate and manage outstanding sales activities within the newly to be penetrated industrial market outside of automotive applications in the North American market. Your focus will be on New business development by identifying and pursuing new PM applications and customer opportunities in NON-AUTOMOTIVE line of business such as Industrial applications (i.e. industrial, hydraulics, powersports, motorcycles, e-bikes, medical beds, home air conditioning and more). This is a pioneering chance to further develop your account and new acquisitions management skills, while using your expertise with metal applications. Your familiarity with advanced manufacturing, technical design and sintering process further augment your competencies. You will receive a great deal of freedom to manage and coordinate the new development of accounts.
With your sound commercial background, strong business acumen and above all a strong desire to succeed, you navigate well in complex high-level negotiations. You understand the particular needs and translate them into actionable business opportunities together with your colleagues.
Your high-energy level, flexibility, entrepreneurial drive, professionalism, and eagerness to succeed are most valued. Ambition and drive to continuously deliver better results and exceed expectations make you want to further assist Miba Sinter in growing into this new sector with substantial potential. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Sales & Product Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a technical/mechanical/metallurgical discipline (preferred)
- 4- 5 years experience in direct OEM/tiered supplier sales and account management within industrial applications
- Good knowledge and affinity of sintering process and metallurgy
- Well established front line customers connections in Engineering, Sales and Purchasing. And savvy to work with various customer departments (engineering, purchasing, quality, operations, sales) in order to achieve sales goals
- Understanding of production processes, technical drawings and ability to communicate with engineers and senior management on new business opportunities.
- Familiar with marketing, price building and legal liability
- Focus on VA/VE and technology / part design conversions to Powder Metal from forging, machining, casting and sub-assemblies
- Develop, coordinate and implement a strategic sales action plan
- Effective communicator with internal and external stakeholders and building consensus
- Track record of winning new business in highly engineered applications
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills, tenacious, ability to convince and ‘close the deal’
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness – thick skinned
- Self-starting and self-motivated – willing to go the ‘extra mile’
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite)
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management
- Ability and willingness to travel 75% (North America)
- Strong track record in driving and delivering results
- Proactive behavior, ‘hands on approach, taking initiative
- Comfortable in an international and multicultural environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic – team player
- Loyal and dependable