The Branch Manager is responsible for understanding and driving initiatives that directly impact branch profit. Develops and implements strategic sales plans and objectives to achieve company revenue targets and market penetration goals. Plays a pivotal role by providing leadership and expertise in leading sales teams, estimating and customer service. Collaborates with regional manager to ensure alignment with strategies to achieve all company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages a sales team to ensure consistent achievement of sales results, customer growth and architectural relationships.
- Collaborates with sales representatives, architects, support staff and other associations to evaluate and promote expanded services in new markets.
- Responsible for the budgeting process and P&L performance. Analyzes results in support of company objectives and branch performance.
- Works with the finance department on collection objectives to drive the process and decrease past due accounts.
- Manages financial acumen for the branch location. Responsible for reports reporting including sales reports, P&L reports and all other company reports as needed.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to the customer service, estimating, and field sales team..
- Provides teams with guidance and support in addressing difficult or complex problems and managing escalated complaints or disputes.
- Ensures integrity and compliance with all inventory policies and control procedures.
- Responsible for collaboration with building owners. Supports senior management with tenant responsibilities, facility budget and property improvements.
- Leads the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees.
- Oversees planning, assigning, and directing work. Addresses performance, employee complaints and conflict resolution.
- Focuses on employee engagement through daily interaction with employees, following company programs and activities.
Manages 2 or more employees in the department. Direct reports include sales representatives, estimators, and operations manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in business or sales plus 5 – 7 years of sales and/or front end operations experience in the fenestration industry with 3 – 5 years of supervisory/management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. An individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. An individual is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. An individual is occasionally required to climb or balance. The travel required for this position is 25% – 40%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. An individual is required to wear appropriate safety protective equipment at the proper times and in the proper environments as required by safety program rules. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, an individual is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions.