What this Opportunity Offers
- Great career growth opportunity with a fast-growing and innovative international company.
- Team based supportive company culture.
- Competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
- Great at supporting the sales team & back-office team?
- Passionate about becoming part of the revolution to improve safety and productivity?
Our client, Smartlift, is seeking a customer-focused Back Office Support to ensure the smooth operation of the business by handling various sales supporting and administrative tasks. Smartlift has experience tremendous growth the past decade in their niche industry for glass manipulators and glass/stone lifting equipment. Founded in Denmark in 2012, Smartlift has built its success and great reputation on a value proposition revolving around innovation, high quality and strong customer service. The Back Office Support we are seeking will support the sales team and overall functioning of the business, to increase market shares in the US and ultimately eliminate accidents and improve productivity of glazing projects in construction sites. For more info and inspiration visit https://smartlift.com/en-us/
About this Position
This is a great opportunity for a competent professional to undertake a variety of sales supporting tasks and work diligently under pressure. This position includes supporting the Area Sales Managers with pricing and sending material to customers. It also includes back-office support, ie invoicing of sold machines and collaborating with leasing staff. The candidate we are seeking is highly motivated to join the revolution to improve safety in eg. construction sites and to be part of a business culture that’s fast and ready to execute, honest and innovative. As the Back Office Support, you’ll be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. This position is based at Smartlift’s US HQ in Omaha, Nebraska, and reports to the Country Manager NA. Travel 3-4 times a year to fairs and exhibitions.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting the sales managers, dealers and customers.
- Order handling, follow-up after sales with customers, invoicing, administrative tasks and customer service.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Organize office and optimize procedures.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Administrative support to the finance team, order handling from HQ in Denmark.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Inventory management, monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Purchase and vendor handling and support suppliers in collaboration with the Service Manager.
Personal Assistant to the Country Manager N.A.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Perform receptionist duties when needed.
Your Work Experience, Education & Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related field (preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in sales support positions, preferably from a smaller business.
- Construction industry knowledge is considered a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems (ERP software eg Business Central).
- Basic knowledge of industry-specific regulations and compliance (if applicable).
Your Skills & Personality Characteristics
- Agile, responsible and dedicated with high customer-orientation.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with an affinity for multi-tasking.
- Team player; motivated by being part of a non-hierarchical company and working in small innovative team environment.
- High integrity, attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross functionally internally as well as externally.
- Solid customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Analytical with an affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Spanish is considered a plus.
Compensation: 66-78k base plus bonus