On behalf of our client, DSI DANTECH, we are currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join their U.S. team at their brand-new facility in West Chester Township, OH (Cincinnati). This is an excellent opportunity for an Automation/Electrical Controls engineering professional with technical expertise and industrial knowledge. This is an onsite position.
DSI Dantech, headquartered in Denmark, is a global market leader in providing cryogenic, mechanical and plate technologies for freezing, cooling, and heating applications in the food processing industry.
The company’s manufacturing facility and U.S. headquarter is located in West Chester Township, OH.
Company website: https://dsidantech.com
As the Automation Engineer, you will report to the Automation Manager and be responsible for the design and programming of the equipment and software control systems. You will work closely with the automation manager, as well as with peer engineers, project managers, field service technicians, and the manufacturing team. You will also interact with customers. Some travel to the customers site will be required and is expected to be between 5 and 10%, nationwide only.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain equipment control system designs.
- Develop and maintain equipment software control programs (PLC, HMI), primarily Allen Bradley.
- Develop Technical Documentation packages for equipment.
- Generate detailed bill of materials (BOM) and source components.
- Offer remote support for equipment installations, services & spare part identification.
- Assist and oversee wiring of electrical control panels and equipment.
- Assist end troubleshoot technical problems with customers by phone.
- Maintain UL listing requirements and NEC requirements.
- Other tasks to be performed as needed for the position and as directed by management.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match.
- Excellent career opportunity with an international growing company. Be part of a motivated team and supportive team.
Someone who can look at what is being engineered mechanically and provide electrical control designs to operate these systems, lay these controls out in Auto Cad, and place the order to purchasing for all the parts to build the controls. This package will be documented and go to the build stage.
- Associates degree in electrical design/engineering, Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Industrial controls and electrical control design.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in capital equipment manufacturing preferred.
- Skilled in electrical controls system design using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Skilled in programming control software, RSLogix500, 5000
- Allen Bradley hardware and software knowledge are highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable of NEC, NFPA 70 (National Electric Code).
- Creative troubleshooting skills, both electrical and mechanical.
- Computer Literate in Word, Excel, and other basic computer skill.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, works well with all levels of the organization and customers.
- Ability to travel to the customer site, nationwide only. Expected travel is 5-10%.