- Responsible for overseeing production, maintenance, and logistical activities
- Flooring manufacturing environment
- Based in Atlanta, GA
- Reports to Plant Manager
About the company
Our client is a European leader in the production of raw materials and semi-finished products (polypropylene, granules, and fibers), as well as in finished products (technical textiles, cushion vinyl, needle felt, parquet, laminate, tuft, bath rugs, and fabrics).
With a rich history dating back to the 1950s, this family business headquartered in Europe, has grown worldwide to more than 4,500 highly motivated employees, with manufacturing and sales offices in more than 16 countries.
The company is a global industry leader in innovative flooring solutions for both residential and commercial spaces, including luxury vinyl planks and tiles, cushion vinyl rolls, luxury vinyl rolls, laminate, and wood. Inspired by the belief that beauty should be designed to last, our client offers a variety of resilient flooring options to meet nearly any need with style and sophistication. In 2016, the company opened a brand-new facility with state-of-the-art technologies.
As the Assistant Plant Manager, you will optimize production, maintenance, and logistics activities in a dynamic flooring manufacturing setting, fostering growth, quality, and innovation.
- Ensures full compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and regulations for yourself and other members of the team.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager to develop and implement strategic objectives for production, maintenance, and logistics, supported by thorough analysis and teamwork.
- Drive continuous optimization efforts to enhance product quality, safety, efficiency, and profitability across the production process.
- Manage internal organization by coordinating production, inventory control, cost management, order planning, and quality interactions.
- Champion environmental laws and regulations to advance sustainability goals.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives spanning production, maintenance, and quality for competitive pricing and overall profitability.
- Monitor and analyze key production parameters including absenteeism, economic downtime, productivity, investment costs, and energy consumption.
- Propose and track well-founded investment initiatives for technical advancements.
- Mentor and lead a diverse team, fostering empowerment, collaboration, and project-driven cooperation.
- Collaborate with management to enforce environmental, safety, and quality policies.
- Work with global colleagues to share best practices in product, process, and raw material development.
- Organize product-technical meetings to discuss product and commercial-technical topics, supporting production department procedures, quality analysis, and customer claims resolution.
- Analyze production performance to identify anomalies, bottlenecks, and quality issues, formulating proposals to optimize processes for top-quality, cost-efficient production.
Your Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, chemistry, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a production environment.
- Proven leadership within manufacturing, ideally in flooring or a related industry.
- Strong technical understanding or rapid capacity to learn PVC plastics manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with environmental and safety regulations.
Your Skills, Traits & Style
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication.
- Comprehensive grasp of production processes, quality control, and supply chain management.
- Highly organized and motivated, capable of meeting demands and deadlines.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Effective performance under pressure.
- Analytical thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle shifting priorities and large workloads.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
Salary Range: $125K-$165k
For more information contact: Gustaf Uttersten
View this job on LinkedIn.