To manage the fast-growing North America market of our client, we are currently seeking to fill the position of Area Sales Manager for Texas & Oklahoma based in a home office in the territory.
For over 30 years, our client has been the international market leader and innovator in the water jetting cleaning technology for drain and pipe equipment market including Sewer, Shipbuilding, Nuclear Power, Oil, Sugar & Chemical industry. Manufactured 100% in Europe, their high-tech products are unsurpassed when it comes to workmanship quality or effectiveness and are made available in more than 50 countries through 200 partners worldwide. In 1996, our client started its North American operation and over the years developed a network of over 50 distributors across the country who, in addition to selling the product-lines, provide extensive training, as well as customers and after-sales services.
The Area Sales Manager for Texas & Oklahoma will be a true sales professional with 10-15 years’ experience selling technical solutions through distributors/partners and end-users (Sewer industry, Water companies, Contractors, and local OEMs). This role will report directly to the Sales Director North America.
- Manage, coach, and motivate a network of distributors/partners and end-users in Texas and Oklahoma
- Leverage existing clients while seeking new opportunities among prospective distributors and end-users incl. cities, municipalities, contractors, plumbers, nuclear power plants, ship yards, oil refineries, sugar and chemical industries
- Grow sales substantially by seeking new business opportunities, working closely with distributors & partners using industry knowledge, network of contacts and joint sales calls and product demonstrations to build profitable relationships
- Build-up a long-term growth strategy based on your understanding of competition, prices and key market factors and trends. Create an effective business plan incl. plan of action and sales targets for your territory in Texas & Oklahoma
- Define, prepare and manage annual sales budget incl. targets, results, and forecast
- Develop strong product knowledge in order to propose invaluable technical solutions and strengthen relations to customers (partners and end-users)
- Pro-actively interact with Sales Director North America on a regular-basis regarding strategy, sales results, and market trends
- Road-Warrior, travel 80-90% independently in your territory driving a customized company van while meeting with local and regional active accounts as well as prospects
- Participate to road shows, trade fairs and key exhibitions
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required. Technical education (apprenticeship highly considered)
- At least 10 years’ proven sales track record selling technical products and systems to distributors, partners and end-users preferably in the Sewer, Piping, or Water & Waste industry
- Comfortable doing product demonstrations while selling at all levels from key decision-makers to technical specialists and contractors
- Having an aggressive sales attitude Have a hunter sales attitude with a passion for building on current customers, winning new business, gain market share, with a strong ability to close deals
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to apply concepts into practical situations
- HANDS-ON, Independent, Pro-active, Highly-motivated, Entrepreneurial, Analytical and Detail-oriented
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Have good written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills
- Ready, willing and able to travel 4 to 5 days/week in the territory
Location: TEXAS preferred (Oklahoma to be considered)
Remuneration: Great salary package & benefits, company van, laptop, cell, credit card, health, 401K