- Excited about providing sustainable growth solutions for maximum cultivation profit with minimum use of water and energy?
- A self-starter driven by delivering top-notch customer service and value? A super results-driven individual with a big dose of entrepreneurship
- Excited to be part of a fun, people-focused, and fast-paced work environment, and culture?
- Hungry to always find a better way of doing things?
Our client, Hoogendoorn, is seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to help grow the company’s market share in North America. Hoogendoorn, founded in the Netherlands, is the most innovative supplier of process automation systems in the horticultural industry. For over 50 years, the company has been paving the way towards the optimal greenhouse climate, increasing crop yields, and managing costs and risks in greenhouse horticulture industry. More info about Hoogendoorn here>> https://www.hoogendoorn.nl/en/
About the position
This is a great opportunity for very a driven Ontario-based outside sales professional to be part of Hoogendoorn’s North American expansion. You will collaborate closely with the company’s partners in Canada and the United States and be responsible for marketing and selling Hoogendoorn’s full line of products and solutions to existing and new customers in the greenhouse horticulture industry. The product portfolio includes hardware and software for climate-, water– and energy management. To be successful in this role, you should have at least 5 years of experience in technical solutions selling. We expect you to have a track record of sales success and meaningful results in prospecting, market segmentation, business intelligence, identification of targets and qualification processes. This role, based in Vineland Station, ON, Canada, reports directly to the General Manager for Hoogendoorn N.A. Position requires 50-75% travel (when it’s safe to travel again) including some overnight travel.
What you’ll be doing more specifically
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets based on key performance metrics
- Grow Hoogendoorn’s sales of automation products to existing and new customers, with an emphasis on new customers.
- Become an expert on Hoogendoorn’s, products and solutions by effectively communicating and marketing products and benefits to prospective customers virtually, through phone calls, emails, product demos & presentations as well as trade shows.
- Research and identify market opportunities, develop, and implement strategic growth plans for new customer acquisition
- Provide timely and accurate proposals to customers including information on pricing, delivery, terms, and conditions of sales.
- Track and record all customer and prospect interactions in the company’s CRM system
- Provide support to Hoogendoorn partners as needed.
- Maintain daily communication with Canadian colleagues for technical/sales support.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial position selling highly technical solutions with a proven track record of increasing sales and used to longer sales cycles of 6 months to 1 year.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in commerce, marketing, business admin or agriculture
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- French language skills are a must
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite and CRM systems
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Outstanding ability to develop and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Affinity to problem-solving, negotiating, and time-management.
- Accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in best possible performance
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Team player with a Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
- Uphold Company’s Values, Mission and Vision
What We Offer
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with great career development opportunities
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company
- A competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Excellent benefits including PTO, health care insurance