Our client is a high-end manufacturer of superior quality ceramic and porcelain tiles and a leader in the industry. The company designs trendy products that are beautiful and classy and is an innovator in the industry thanks to its pioneering technologies.
The Architectural Sales Representative is an energetic, people-person, and polished individual with a creative spirit and a great sense of aesthetics. He/she has a background in sales or account management and preferably some interior design knowledge. This role is ideal for someone who has an interest in working with architects, designers, and general contractors as well as a desire to succeed and excel. Extensive traveling within the Eastern United States should be expected.
- Promote the product lines by conducting frequent visits with and to distributors, architects, interior designers, showrooms, trade shows and special events.
- Work independently yet cooperatively with the company to reach goals
- Service existing accounts with the goal of nurturing relationships, promoting the product
- Set up and maintain client displays and merchandising samples
- Resolve any client concerns and complaints by developing viable and fair solutions
- Monitor competition by gathering current information on pricing, products, and merchandising techniques.
- Visit job sites in the event of a job problem and follow proper observation and recording protocol
Experience, Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- College Degree preferred, Interior Design Degree highly preferred
- Proven sales experience. A plus if in tile and stone industry, builder industry, or design industry, lighting, furniture or fashion.
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills
- Fluency in Italian highly preferred
- Driven, outgoing, positive and confident
- Driver’s License (must provide current MVR). Must be able to travel extensively in the Northwestern United States
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work remote and travel within the US East Coast by car or plane. Overnights should be expected.