Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to sell products for the manufacturer to business and industrial establishments or individuals at the sales office, showroom, or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions And Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for building a customer base for repeat business in the sales territory, building long-term relationships with them, and securing orders for YKK
- Keeps architects updated on YKK products and gets YKK specified for bidding
- Works with inside personnel and management on negotiating and securing orders with accounts, following up on estimates, etc.
- Responsible for submitting sales plans along with individual customer projections and strategies
- Must research and be aware of competitive market conditions in the territory and in the country overall
- Quoting projects for customers and/or coordinates quotes with the estimating department; ability to take off materials from architectural drawings and proceed with estimating
- Ability to visit the job site and understand the installation of products, and help resolve problems with the field technician
- Assists in receiving payment or obtaining credit authorization
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas
Qualifications And Skill Requirements
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five or more years related experience and/or training in the glazing/construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in customer service and/or estimating, preferred
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality-conscious, oriented to excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled