- Passionate about helping manufacturers make more with less to create a sustainable world for future generations?
- Looking for a workplace where people are truly excited about their work and where everyone matters?
- Hungry to always find a better way of doing things?
Our client, Höganäs Environment Solutions (HES) is seeking an Application Engineer to join its technology team in Cary, North Carolina. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative and global company that’s leading the way internationally in water treatment and remediation technology. HES, part of Höganäs AB founded in 1797, has developed several breakthrough patented products and processes that apply proprietary metal powder technology, which successfully and sustainably remove contaminants and toxins from drinking water, industrial wastewater, and soil/groundwater. For more info look at this video and visit Höganäs Environment Solutions.
This is a position where you’ll be on the technical frontlines of providing turnkey solutions to customers that expect the best
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven Application Engineer to join a growing, dynamic, and diverse team of passionate experts in sustainable water treatment. You’ll be working on assigned lab and pilot-scale projects conducting various treatability studies, process improvement and customer support activities, as well as supporting design of full-scale treatment system. Your hands-on technical skills, knowledge/experience of water/wastewater/groundwater treatment processes, along with great communication skills and stakeholder management will be keys to your success in this role.
What you’ll be doing more specifically:
- Coordinate project assignments with lab, engineering, and sales team members.
- Design and conduct and manage lab-scale and pilot-scale studies for internal and external clients.
- Communicate with internal and external clients through verbal and/or written reports/presentations.
- Work with design team members supporting full-scale design and construction plans for water/wastewater/groundwater treatment system. This includes design calculations (i.e., size, volume, flow, geometric design, etc.), sketches, layout, specifying equipment and technical comparisons as required by assignment.
- Review drawings (isometrics, P&ID) supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and recommend necessary modifications
- Participate in budgeting for projects with engineering team and commissioning the system construction until completion and operation.
- Directly oversee piloting of water/wastewater projects, demonstrating media performance on-site and through remote monitoring.
- Research technical design options and documents.
- Assist with various duties assigned by Project Managers
- Interact with clients on process and design of the treatment system and work with customers to troubleshoot before, during, and after installation.
- Show mutual trust and respect towards colleagues, peers, and customers.
- Display awareness of Höganäs’ collective social responsibilities
- Uphold Höganäs’ Core Values
What We Expect from You
Your Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Environmental/Chemical engineering or related field with 4 – 7 years of field experience, or master’s degree with 3 – 5 years of field experience related to water/wastewater/groundwater treatment processes.
- Hands-on experiences in lab, pilot, and/or full-scale treatment system required.
- Good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and on-line monitoring instruments in full-scale water and wastewater treatment system.
- Experience and knowledge in physicochemical treatment processes, especially electrocoagulation/redox/advanced oxidation/fluidized bed treatment processes.
- Working knowledge in automation of wastewater treatment systems
- Treatment process design experience, including development of conceptual/preliminary designs and detailed design document preparation.
- Experience in technical writing of deliverables including work plans, quality program documents, health and safety procedures, summary reports, and project correspondence required.
- EIT certification is preferred, or the ability to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Familiarization with design software (i.e., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.).
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Team player and team leader motivated by achieving goals and striving for excellence
- Superior customer service skills
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
- Ability to travel up 30% of the time
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Minimal lifting is required.
- Moderate noise levels, as well as the possibilities of occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Infrequent exposure to extreme heat or cold, and toxic or caustic chemicals is possible.
- Personal protective equipment devices must be worn when required
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international company that works tirelessly to ensure optimization of the world’s water and energy resources
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Continuous training and education opportunities for all employees