Our client is a fast-growing company with headquarters in Europe, offering traceability and inventory management solutions for sensitive medical product, including blood products and compounded chemotherapy. Thanks to its innovative technology and feasible strategic choices, combined with a rich portfolio of 63 international patents and several major partnerships, our client is currently on the way to becoming a major player in the field of managing, optimizing and achieving real-time control of sensitive health products – data, materials and products.
Responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of company’s solutions across multiple customers and locations.The Applications & Support Engineer ensures support to the Sales team by providing required technical information about the company’s developed solutions to prospects and installed users, and by collecting the needs of potential new customers.Support to customers once the solutions are deployed (Configuration, training, problem solving, repair, investigation for new/modified features). Implementation of company’s Quality System Processes for all new and existing installations.
Main areas of responsibility:
Prepare & perform the implementation of the company’s developed solutions.
- Analyze customer needs during technical audits
- Receive and validate equipment arriving from manufacturing prior to deployment at customer site
- Plan installation operations
- Perform installations at customer site for Evaluations, studies and commercial contracts. Request support from centralized Sales Support Department when needed (installation / Software etc.)
- Validate and get reception certificate from customer, for installed equipment and software
- Act as the company’s face with partners and third parties involved
Train customers and internal staff
- Deliver on site customer training.
- Validate the customers’ ability to use the systems following training.
- Provide additional trainings to new users on site
- Provide feedback on training content for customers and Sales team.
- Maintain own technical capabilities by regular training updates: on- line or at HQ in France
Customer support and maintenance
- Regular customer visits to ensure optimal performance of installed solutions, and identification of additional customer requirements.
- Perform Level 1 troubleshooting when requested by Central Hotline and report.
- Coordinate maintenance planning with centralized HQ.
- Plan resource availability from HQ for onsite maintenance when needed.
Technical support to the Sales team
- Perform Technical audits (identify & analyze needs / constraints from customers).
Technical support to Customers in aftersales activities
- Describe and report technical problems in the field.
- Contribute to problems solving, levels 1 and 2, by identifying root causes and workable solutions before escalation to level 3 technical support.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with customers during resolution process.
- Implement fixes at customer site.
- Establish a technical report with recommendation on optimal equipment solution to meet customer expectations and workload.
- Participate in customers meetings with sales team to present technical aspects of the proposed solutions, when needed.
- Attend local & international professional events. Responsible for installing and dismounting equipment on exhibition booth. Attend the booth to answer technical questions and demonstrate hardware and software for visitors.
- Identify and share new customer needs and opportunities to enhance product performances and offering.
- Bachelor’s Degrees, Associate degree or equivalent in electronic and/or IT field
- Experience in the deployment of hardware and IT solutions in a medical environment
- 2 years of relevant experience as applications specialist or technical support, IT network, after sales field service or related fields
- Familiarity with:
- Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Windows Server, MS SQL
- Network (basic TCP/IP networking, participate in VPNs setup)
- ESU Embedded software maintenance (Debian, MySQL, Apache)
- Interfacing (SOAP/REST Web services, HL7)
- This position requires up to 75% travel, both domestic and international. Regular stays at our HQ in France
- Valid driver’s license