Tornos Technologies US Corporation is seeking an ambitious Applications Engineer that shares the company’s passion for swiss turning and precision.
|Permanent & fulltime position||Innovative and dynamic company|
|Des Plaines, IL||Extensive training / onboarding|
|Leading manufacturer in its segment
|Opportunities for further development
Tornos, a global leader in the production of Swiss-type automatic lathes and multi- machines, started in 1880 and marked the beginning of Swiss-type lathe technology. Backed by a 100-year legacy of expertise, attentiveness to detail, innovation, and reliability, Tornos Technologies offers unique solutions to customer challenges and applications in a wide range of market segments, such as, Automotive, Medical, Micromechanics, and Electronics.
Application Engineer duties:
- Assist customers with technical, application or service-related questions, i.e. programming, tooling, communication or data exchange.
- Work with Machine Sales to prepare machine demos; order required materials, program and set-up machine, run demo and answers customer questions.
- Works closely with applications team on projects and provides mentorship to Junior Engineers
- Analyze customer requirements including risk factors.
- Obtain necessary vendor support and quotations.
- Conduct on-site training per customer need; time study, operator training or basic/advanced programming. Set up machine and prepare for training classes.
- Manage and lead new project launches from start to finish. Order tooling & materials, write program and completes machine set up
- Willingness to travel up to 50% in multi-state region; drive or fly depending on distance. Ability to travel internationally if needed
- Employee is expected to work at the Des Plaines office when not visiting customers.
- Will work in collaboration with Service Engineers for commissioning of machines on the showroom & at customer sites
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Engineer qualifications:
- Experience with FANUC and/or Mitsubishi controls
- Experience programming with a CAM Software Mastercam, NX, Esprit etc.
- Ideal candidate possesses 5+ year of experience setting up CNC Lathes and/or Swiss Lathes(preferred)
- Ability to create solid models with drafting software Solid works, Autodesk, Creo, CATIA
- Strong critical thinking skills for troubleshooting programming errors and machining processes
- Understands and can calculate Technical Mathematics
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Positive, professional attitude and customer service background qualifications
- Second language a plus French, German, Spanish
Tornos Technologies offers a competitive salary, 401k, health insurance, paid vacations and paid business expenses.