Our client, IWK Packaging, is a market leading global supplier of tube filling machines, carton machines and integrated lines to the Pharmaceutical, Oral care and Cosmetic Industries. Founded in 1893, in Stutensee, Germany and part of the ATS Group of companies, IWK Packaging has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Aftermarket Manager for its North American Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ.
The significant portion of the business in North America comes from aftermarket products (parts sales, machine conversions, change parts and service work) with primary manufacturing center located in Stutensee, Germany, with a second manufacturing center in Bangkok, Thailand.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Aftermarket Manager oversees the service activities to meet or exceed budget objectives (Parts, service, conversion, service contract…), and ensures an excellent customer experience. The Aftermarket Manager is responsible for effectively supervising Service, Parts & Shipping Department employees to ensure work is performed in a professional and safe manner, and that all necessary administration is handled promptly and accurately.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for customer service as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the marketing of the parts department to maximize the revenues of the department, and the upkeep and overall appearance of the parts department
- Build relationships with customers by traveling to customer locations and proactively fostering customer service
- Managed the installed based in North America
- Work with Service Manager to develop strategy to grow service business including marketing campaign, obsolescence management, conversion and size parts activity, maintenance contract… by understanding customer needs and expectation
- Retain an effective workforce for the parts and service department (parts specialist, FST…), including ongoing training and development for all employees
- Work close with Global Parts and Service Manager to achieve the group sales
- Optimize inventory control procedures and ensure parts stock is adequate can cover direct demand from customers. Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Manage recommended spare part and ensure availability from stock
- Define and manage pricing strategy in collaboration with global parts manager
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use ERP (SAP) software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Work with suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals
- Monitor service field service activity and service manager to achieve customer satisfaction
- Understand and manage the various key metrics within the department to meet or exceed financial goals, i.e. Budgeted Sales, Budgeted Gross Margin, gross margin percentages, Forecasting, etc.
- HS&E Joint Health and Safety committee
- College degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years industrial experience (Engineering). 5 years in managerial roles
- Experience in Factory automation systems, packaging experience a plus
- Background in Pharmaceutical, Oral Care and/or Cosmetic Industries or Automation, Material Handling Technologies
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Ability to comprehend technology associated with machine parts
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
- Keen attention to detail, high level of initiative, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively and efficiently resolve employee and customer conflicts
- Ability to effectively lead and manage people
- Comprehensive understanding of internal and external business
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently
- Demonstrated client service skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office