Our client Schlenk Metallic Pigments is a successful German company with a 140-year history, employing 900 people worldwide and focusing on high-end effect pigments used in various industries and products. We have two sites in the US: Ashland, MA, serving as our US headquarters, and a newly acquired manufacturing site in Lawrence, Kansas
SCHLENK is currently seeking an Accounting / Finance Manager for two US locations based either in Ashland, MA or Lawrence, KS. Reporting to the President of the US operations, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting and finance activities, supervising 1-2 direct reports, and ensuring accurate reporting for proper processes and filings. The role will also include limited HR functions and management of IT related projects and will require close collaboration with the Accounting and Finance team based in Germany. A strong background in accounting and finance is required, as well as a willingness to take on responsibility and contribute to the future growth of the US division.
Key Responsibilities of the job
- Full responsibility for the general ledger and timely month/year-end closing on 4 US organizations.
- Monthly reporting to and reconciliation with German Headquarters.
- Perform IFRS and US GAAP quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Optimize and maintain general accounting systems and procedures (including but not limited to invoicing, A/P, A/R, etc.) in accordance with GAAP, federal and state legal requirements.
- Review, approve and post journal entries.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare and manage external audits, including preparation of required schedules.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets with monthly analysis.
- Responsible for bank account management.
- Handle and file Sales and Use tax returns.
- Manage fixed assets, investments and depreciations.
- Implement, improve and manage cost accounting functions for manufacturing site.
- Improvement of day to day finance and closing processes and management of Finance related projects together with our IT.
- Oversight of payroll and HR administration including onboarding process with 3rd party payroll company, in accordance with legal requirements and good accounting practices.
- Partner with IT to improve process and SAP/SBO e.g., supporting system-based material calculation, MRP, batch processing modules and finance reporting.
The perfect match:
You are a dedicated team player who enjoys working in a smaller team to improve the US operations of a global company. You are highly organized, hardworking, and take pride in your work. You have leadership and management skills and work well with colleagues locally and internationally. You prefer being hands-on while leading and managing people and a department.
The answers are yes? – We want you to apply!
- Do you have a BS in finance / accounting or similar?
- Did you work 3-5 years in a similar position?
- Do you have experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP/SBO?
- Are you having experience with third party payroll companies?
- Do you have a good understanding of GAAP and IFRS preferred?
- Are you having great MS Office skills?
- You know some German or are open to improve your language skills?
- You are open to travel between both US locations and occasionally overseas?
SCHLENK is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by national, federal, state, or local laws. We also commit to opening all roles to our internal and external talent pools. Equal Employment Opportunity is not only the law but as well our conviction. Applicants for roles at SCHLENK and employees of SCHLENK are protected under National and Federal law from discrimination in all the jurisdictions where we work.
For more information on this position an to apply please contact:
Gabi Hegan, YER-USA
Tel: (646) 823 2532