YER USA, Inc. (www.yer-usa.com) is an international executive search firm that specializes in the permanent placement of high potential candidates with a university degree and at least 5 years professional experience. Our client base includes most major multinationals. The company is one of Europe’s most successful recruitment agencies with its head office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and in the USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. With our continued expansion in the USA with the openings of our Chicago and New York City offices, YER is recruiting for an Accountant/Controller to join the team in Atlanta, Georgia.
YER offers a fun and entrepreneurial environment where its employees can continue to learn, grow and perfect their craft! We are proud to offer a healthy work and life balance!
The Accountant/Controller is a new opening and will have full responsibility for day to day operations of Accounts Payables and Receivables including, but not limited to, sales invoicing and collections in conjunction with internal sales reporting, expense entry and vendor purchase invoice entry ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments, and bank and credit card statement/receipt reconciliations. This role will also be responsible for bimonthly payroll report processing and ensuring proper filing. Furthermore, full responsibility in month end and year end close process including tax preparation and meeting tax deadlines while reporting of financial information and preparation of financial statements.
- Maintaining files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accounting practices. Complying with all internal policies, procedures, and controls while suggesting modifications as necessary.
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing annual IRS Form 1099s to vendors.
- Complying and ensuring proper tax filing and timely payments to local, state and federal governments.
- Ensuring all AP, AR, and financial reporting deadlines are met, and management is updated routinely.
- Attention and awareness to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to review, reconcile, and summarize financial data for accuracy, completeness and compliance to management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA a plus.
- At least 3-5 years in accounting or related field.
- A self-starter who can work independently but also in a team setting.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills while supporting a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Approachable, patient and creative with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Attention to detail, high-energy and professional with a positive attitude!
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle deadlines and adversity with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to think of creative solutions to complex problems in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills (pivot tables, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus!
- International experience a plus!
18 Vacation Days, from the 2nd year – 20 days! Full Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, 401K, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.