Our client, Folding Guard, is seeking an ambitious Accounting Manager. You’ll be joining a fast-growing $60 million subsidiary of a multinational manufacturer of Safety, Security and Storage Products near Midway Airport. The ideal candidate for this role will get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in Folding Guard’s continued rapid growth journey. For more info and inspiration take a look at this video and visit Folding Guard.
About the Position
As Accounting Manager you’ll be responsible for Folding Guard’s largest division and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Responsibilities include preparing financial statements, month-end close, annual audit, complete reconciliations and account analysis, budgeting and forecasting as well as identifying and preventing discrepancies while assisting in setting up internal controls. We expect you to get excited about “rolling up your sleeves” and enjoy getting into the details. Your strong analytical skills and great stakeholder management will be keys to success in this position. As Accounting Manager will work closely with, and provide accurate and timely information to, senior management as well as Corporate Executives of the international company. ERP system experience in a manufacturing environment and advanced Excel skills are a must. Personality-wise, the ideal candidate will bring his/her strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and coaching skills and ability to build team cohesiveness. Folding Guard strongly promotes a culture that emphasizes team objectives and promotes cross-departmental collaboration.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage and record daily bank transactions and bank transfers for two banks and complete bank reconciliations and account analysis
- Prepare and complete journal entries and complete various supplemental schedules for the month-end close
- Manage Projects in Process accounts
- Analyze Financial Statements providing analytical support and savvy business judgment to support the management team
- Develop analytical tools, recommending and assisting in the evolution of systems and processes to better analyze the business and measure key operating metrics
- Utilize the ERP system to create efficiencies in business processes and decision-making while improving internal controls by, for example, automating inventory purchases based on sales order forecasts as well as profitability analysis
- Support external audits and other year-end requirements, working closely with the audit team.
- Maintain fixed asset records and calculate depreciation
- Reconcile 401k withholdings to transfers to the 401k Plan Administrator and other 401K audit-related tasks
- Assist with Payroll recordkeeping
- Complete Sales Tax Returns
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or equivalent designation (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
What We Offer is More than Just a Job….
- An excellent team-focused work environment with visibility for your efforts along with professional growth opportunities.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits including health plan, life insurance equal to 2 times salary, dental, vision, and disability insurance; 401 K Plan w/ company match; Numerous voluntary benefits opportunities, Paid Time Off; 10 holidays
Folding Guard’s COVID protocol
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place