Our client Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. which is part of the family owned Liebherr Group, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of construction equipment with global headquarters in Switzerland and over 43,500 dedicated associates worldwide, has engaged us in the search for an enthusiastic Senior Strategic Buyer for their Mining sector. Liebherr has an outstanding reputation through their international manufacturing locations and their innovation and has received numerous awards for their high-quality equipment and effective processes.
In this compelling and exciting newly created position, as a valued member of the Purchasing team, you will be reporting directly to the General Manager Purchasing. You will be given the opportunity to develop and execute material group strategies for assigned material groups to ensure high-quality while continuously driving for the lowest cost. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the supplier management (identifying, selecting, qualifying and further developing) as well as initiating and conduction cost reduction projects and attending Cross Functional Team meetings.
With your sound technical and commercial background within the mining industry, you will be able to successfully negotiate contracts.
Your high-energy level, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for mining trucks as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Purchasing role within the mining truck industry
- Good knowledge of developing and executing a commodity strategy
- Experience in supplier management
- Hands-on experience with driving cost reduction projects
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills
- Self-starting and self-motivated, willing to go the “extra mile”
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite)
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%
- Ability and passion to be part of a successful international organization