- Passionate about playing a pivotal part in the continued market expansion of an international industry leader in smart water metering?
- Great at creating winning proposals with municipalities and utilities?
- Looking forward to being part of an ambitious and fun team that inspires, leads, and delivers in everything they do?
Our client, Kamstrup, is seeking a Senior Bid Manager to support their continued growth throughout the U.S. Founded in Denmark in 1946, Kamstrup is a global leading manufacturer of intelligent metering solutions for energy and water consumption. It employs over 1,500 people in 20 countries. In 2018 Kamstrup opened the doors to its Atlanta-based production plant—the first plant outside its global Danish HQ. There is a steep increase in market demand for Kamstrup’s innovative and intelligent solutions. For more info and inspiration, watch this video and visit www.kamstrup.com
About the Position
As Senior Bid Manager you’ll lead the bid management team in the United States and as such, you’ll have a key role in supporting the company’s continued rapid growth in the U.S. Kamstrup is experiencing a significant increase in demand for its solutions. They are investing massively in increasing their production capacity of intelligent metering equipment and systems for energy and water consumption to meet the needs of municipalities and utilities across the U.S. As Senior Bid Manager you’ll be responsible for the U.S. bid management processes while ensuring the highest standards of quality, governance, and customer compliance. With your outstanding stakeholder management skills, we expect you to have a great track record of managing bids from customers and partners and supporting sales teams while creating winning proposals and developing an efficient bid management system. The right candidate for this role should get a thrill from making a professional mark in influencing the green transition in an innovative, fast-growing international company. We expect you to enjoy working cross-divisionally and cross-functionally—internally and externally. You’ll be a member of the Commercial & Legal Services department and report directly to the Head of Bid Management at the Danish HQ with a dotted line to the Country Manager. This position will be based at Kamstrup’s US HQ in Roswell/Atlanta (a hybrid-remote setup may be considered.) Travel of up to 10 days per year is to be expected, mostly domestic, some international.
What You’ll Be Doing More Specifically
- Lead and manage the entire bid process with prospective customers and projects by articulating Kamstrup’s value proposition and positioning it as the preferred contractor
- Support the sales team in identifying, pre-qualifying, pursuing, and capturing business opportunities from multiple sources across the U.S.
- Initiate bid planning and secure resources, lead the bid development, secure bid approval/governance and bid submittal
- Review proposals and follow up on timelines ensuring timely responses from bid team members and delivery of completed, high-quality proposals.
- Strengthen each phase of the bid process into a highly efficient proposal development system.
- Analyze bid results to continuously improve processes and outcomes
- Gather necessary documentation from internal and external sources
- Collaborate closely with the Sales-, Bid Mgmt-, and Product Mgmt teams, to optimize bid management processes while supporting and capturing current product and process knowledge
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent education and experience.
- Min. 5 years of experience in bid management and proposal development with a strong track record in winning bids with utilities and municipalities. It’s a huge plus if you have worked in the water industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of process improvement and project management
- Experience with a variety of lean tools is a plus
- Experience working for an international company is a plus
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Solid internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Ability to motivate others and build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company that works tirelessly to ensure the optimization of the world’s water and energy resources
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits with 401K along with generous PTO