FRANKE Foodservice Systems Americas, Inc. is a recognized US leader in the design, production, and distribution of equipment systems for the food service and convenience store industries. Privately owned and headquartered in Switzerland, the Group counts 60 companies and 8000 employees worldwide and has a revenue of US$3.3B.
Employees’ engagement and satisfaction are at the heart of FRANKE’s values. The Group is also committed to reducing CO2 emissions and is prioritizing sustainability as a strategic component of the Group’s activities. To learn more visit: https://www.franke.com/ch/en/group.html
The Engineering Director is a strategic individual, an inspiring leader with a genuine interest and ability to promote the development of the engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a global engineering team. You will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of engineering, research and development work plans including oversight of new product development activities, production engineering, custom fabrication, and prototyping and testing. You will drive the Americas’ strategic direction and participate in global engineering strategy and projects.
A comprehensive relocation package is available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Engineering team. Provide necessary resources, direction, technical expertise, and deadlines as well as all necessary support in the primary role of designing and developing commercial food service equipment.
- Oversee account, production, and custom fabrication activities through 2nd tier functional leadership team.
- Set strategic goals for the entire department in support of business unit and division goals.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce lead time, improve communication and smooth workflow throughout the organization.
- Promote the “Design for Lean Manufacturing” methodology and ensure its use.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of design standards.
- Work closely with quality and regulatory departments. Requires in-depth knowledge of regulatory codes as they apply to food service equipment.
- Collaborate with global engineering teams and participate in global engineering strategy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Leadership & Strategic Planning — Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire, mentor and develop an engineering team. Experience with strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods. Knowledge of Kaizen principles preferred
Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Engineering and Technology — 10 years in a relevant role leading engineering teams
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar
Sector – Background in the food service manufacturing industry is highly preferred.