For our client, we are seeking a General Manager in the Greater Chicago Area.
In business since 1958, our European client portfolio includes windshield wiper and washer systems, drive systems, other tanks, window lift systems and rear-view mirrors. A global industrial manufacturer champion, operating in niche markets. Its dynamism is built on robust fundamentals, including a widely recognized manufacturing heritage, an incomparable global market footprint, long-term shareholder impetus and remarkable ability to seize growth opportunities
We are currently looking to fill our position of General Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and high-energy leader who will manage all aspects of the subsidiary operations (including Sales, Product Engineering, Distribution, Purchasing, HR, and Finance/Accounting) and have full P&L responsibility. The General Manager will report to the Foreign Subsidiaries Director located in Europe.
This position in a great match for individuals with the drive, ambition, and ability to build and develop the organization, while also growing the team and the customer base.
With oversight of the subsidiary in Huntley, (IL), the ideal candidate is comfortable in an international environment and will be a strategist and a leader who is able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission, and long-term goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with management team (sales, marketing, product engineering, supply chain, operations, procurement, quality and HR) to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, design and execute a plan of action.
- Maximize operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining world class quality performance.
- Manage P&L and collaborate with management to assure needs of financial reporting and records are accomplished continually.
- Coordinate industrial performance. Leverage the operational results and efficiency of the production’s support functions: procurement, logistics, quality, industrial operations.
- Define and deploy best practices.
- Build communication bridge between the US and headquarters in Europe.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical Bachelor with minor in Business; MBA a plus
- +5 years of management/leadership position in a small to medium sized manufacturing company ideally with a reporting structure to a European HQ
- Experience in Industrial/Automotive tier1 field is a huge plus
- Strong sales record with a passion for building relationships with current customers, winning new business, gaining market share, and a strong ability to close deals
- Outstanding operation background
- Strong understanding of corporate finance & strategies; P&L management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Pro-active, highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, and detail-oriented
- Open-minded with experience working in a multi-cultural organization
- Willing and able to travel internationally 30%
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP will be a plus
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Significant bonus potential based on performance
- A dynamic and inspiring work environmental with an ambitious international organization.