On behalf of our client, an international leader in petrochemical products, we are looking for a Supply Chain Specialist.
- Key Player in petrochemical industry
- Location – Greater Houston area
- Reports to US CEO
- Resilience, ambition, honesty, ethics
- Supporting Manufacturing Dept.
- Travel – None
Our client is a chemical company operating in the Houston area. It is a worldwide market leader for the production and development of petrochemicals related products.
In this role with no direct reports, you will oversee and manage the supply chain operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization’s supply chain. Your time management skills will allow you to ensure the final products are shipped timely and within budget to the customers’ satisfaction. In order to reach your goals, you will collaborate with various department managers to plan, direct, and coordinate all the activities throughout the operational process. You will also manage and monitor vendor’s qualification and performance to ensure they meet company’s requirements.
The ideal candidate is a person with excellent multitasking and time management skills. He/she is a self-starter with great goal orientation. Other relevant tasks include, but not limited to:
- Plan and ensure material procurement are conducted in accordance with manufacturing requirements; assist the production team by ensuring supplies are available in a timely manner.
- Monitor, improve and make recommendations over safety stock levels and communicate within department heads and suppliers to maximize total cost of ownership.
- Screen, select and assess vendors and suppliers based on service and quality level according to company standards and budget expectation.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carrier companies; manage freight costs by conducting price analysis.
- Implement specific customer requirements such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics to ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely manner and meet customer expectations.
- Inform department heads of delivery needs and plan their material output according to the delivery schedule.
- Assist CEO by providing up-to date information about delivery requirements and setting the scheduling across departments.
- Assist CEO with manufacturing planning, by assessing current and future material needs, based on sales trends, forecast and expectations.
- Ensure accuracy over inventory levels of finished goods, raw materials, and general consumables; provide reliable information to department heads and assist the CEO in the planning process of the overall company operations.
- Review and manage inventory levels to meet manufacturing targets.
- Communicate status of inventory and anticipated needs with accounting and production departments.
- Resolve problems concerning logistics, imports or exports, transportation, or customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years manufacturing management/supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in inventory management and negotiating with vendors.
- Self-motivated, high work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Italian, French or Portuguese language is an asset.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship.