On behalf of our client, Vecoplan LLC, we are currently seeking a Strategic Buyer for their location n Archdale, NC.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and energetic materials resourcing/purchasing professional, ideally with experience in a capital equipment manufacturing/assembly environment with a small to midsize company (50-100 employees).
Vecoplan is an industrial pioneer in the development of shredding and recycling technologies for the plastics, wood, paper, and waste industries. The company holds several patents in this industry and was founded over 40 years ago in Germany. In 2000 the company opened its US office in Archdale, NC, and has grown consistently over the years.
Company website: https://www.vecoplanllc.com/
As the Strategic Buyer, you will report to the CFO and be responsible for purchasing and negotiating all raw material, hardware, vendor supplies, and subcontracting purchases that flow through the company. Your strong project management and negation skills will be an immense asset, allowing you to interface with suppliers and internal departments. In your role, you will work closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams. You will be responsible for training, monitoring, controlling, and authorizing buyer purchase orders. This “hands-on” position must be comfortable in a low volume, capital equipment manufacturing/assembly environment. A thorough understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) is required. You need to be a “Self-Starter” and should be comfortable working in a growing business that currently lacks robust policies, procedures, and work instructions.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers. Manage supplier pricing using formal price approval process, oversee correction of price variances, etc.
- Sends quotations out for bid (three quotes minimum required) and negotiates best price and payment terms with qualified suppliers.
- Support engineering efforts through sourcing, purchasing, providing status information, managing planning system information, etc.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Analyze and correct system master data to ensure operations run smoothly. Update master data as required.
- Works closely with receiving departments to ensure proper materials arrived.
- Report any procurement or supplier issues to senior management.
- Communicates with planning and production material lead times and ensures any changes in production requirements are disseminated to suppliers.
- Reviews supplier’s historical delivery performance.
- Develop metrics for measuring internal performance improvements of the department.
- Must have solid excel and financial analysis abilities and be extremely comfortable working with ERP systems to improve overall operating efficiency.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
- Great career opportunity with a growing international company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other related discipline required.
- Additional years of work experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree program
- 5+ years’ total experience in a related procurement position.
- Experience in a small to midsize capital equipment manufacturing/assembly company (50 -100 employees) including spare parts/aftermarket sales would be highly desired.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS office suite)
- Experience with ERP systems such as Pro Alpha, SAP, and web-based tools preferred.
- Some domestic travel is necessary to visit 2nd company location in Indiana and suppliers.
- Self-starter; team player; excellent communication skills.
- Strategic mindset; supplier negotiating skills.