The Senior Technical Writer position will include the development, management and maintenance of Product Manuals, customer documentation deliverables and overall documentation processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review drawings with engineering to ensure proper implementation
- Create effective and relevant Equipment Manuals and support documentation (printed and electronic) that outlines Operating, Cleaning and Maintenance procedures for the supplied equipment.
- Create and provide Recommended Spare Parts Lists, working with Engineering, Project Manager and After Sales Service to develop these documents
- Traveling to the customer’s site as needed to design and deliver training for the safe operation, cleaning and maintenance of equipment for Customers personnel
- Occasionally assist with installation supervision.
- Take photos, or create graphics for above documentation
- Ensure consistency of text and graphics quality (layout, editing, style, appearance)
- Team with company technical experts to gain a clear understanding of product or project documentation requirements
- Develop improved documentation, benchmarking to competitors and other leaders in Industrial Automation.
- Solicit Customer feedback and address opportunities to improve documentation and training
- Work in an efficient and effective manner as directed to ensure that scheduled deadlines are met
- File, organize, and maintain documents library for internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or Adobe applications
- Technical Writing experience or similar education (preferred)
- Exceptional writing, proofing and formatting skills
- Strong emphasis on detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Ability to work in a Team environment as well as independently
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and organizational skills