Our client, Shark Solutions, is seeking a tech-savvy and ambitious Technical Supervisor. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of an innovative company that’s leading the way in advanced and sustainable post-consumer PVB (PolyVinyl Butyral) from broken windshields (laminated glass) used in a broad range of industries. This position based in Pelt, Belgium. For more info visit www.shark-solutions.com
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and accountable Technical Supervisor. You will be responsible for Shark Solutions’ technical and maintenance-related processes at our Belgium operation. Shark Solutions’ prides itself on being an industry leader in PVB recycling and this role will have a direct impact on process improvement, cost reduction, and applying new technological developments within the industry. The ideal candidate will bring a “can-do” attitude, a willingness to diagnose problems, find and implement solutions, and communicate effectively. Our current Technical Supervisor will start retirement end of year and we are looking for his successor.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- The job consists of 50% shop floor support (hands-on, not just desk work)
- Supporting setting up the internal processes or lines
- Getting quotes, looking for vendors and buying the equipment,
- Setting up good relationships with the equipment & technical service suppliers
- Supporting the installation of the equipment (hands-on)
- Be an expert on Shark’s process by effectively understanding all maintenance and technical aspects of the production processes
- Create preventative maintenance and process improvement plans focused on up-time, down-time, OEE, cost savings, and process improvement. (Including spare parts)
- Track and record all technical related functions including producing cost forecasting reports, monthly activity reports, and active/preventive maintenance planning.
- The other 50% is defined as:
- Continuously improve and refine Shark’s maintenance and production processes, targeting cost savings, safety, efficiency, and risk reduction.
- Assess internal data and implement improvement strategies; identify continuous improvement opportunities, and new technology, and pinpoint problem areas.
- Help to prepare, improve, and correctly implement dispersion recipes (including proper registration and classification).
- Other, obvious, things to ensure:
- Guarantee safe conditions; and have an eye for order and tidiness in production.
- Strong support: to secure stabile and good quality product
- Support on ISO9001 needs
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Proficiency in Dutch and English is a must.
- Technical profile: Proficient in (Electro) Mechanics.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on manager. (Bachelor level)
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Highly organized and structured with an affinity for multi-tasking.
- A true team player; motivated by being part of a growing company and working in a small team environment.
- High integrity, accuracy, and efficiency in technical.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross-functionally.
- Drive, and self-motivation.
- Upholding Shark’s:
- Values—Cooperation, Participation, and Responsibility.
- Vision—Zero waste!
- Mission— Striving to be a zero-waste solution company that helps our industrial customers. be more sustainable. We make advanced new raw materials out of broken laminated glass.
What We Offer
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a growing international company with a positive impact on our environment.
- Good compensation package and benefits (company car with fuel card, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, mobile phone, etc.)